In a red carpet interview promoting the film Summer ’92 about Denmark’s underdog win in the European Soccer Championship, Mads was asked about his role in Rogue One and gave some interesting details.
Den danske verdensstjerne Mads Mikkelsen havde intet imod at tale om fodbold under gallapremieren på den nye film ‘Sommeren 92’. Han er nemlig stor fan af fodbold. Men når det gælder hans rolle i den store kommende Star Wars-film ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ er Mads Mikkelsen imidlertid yderst hemmelighedsfuld.
– Jeg må ikke tale om filmen.
På den internationale filmdatabase IMDB står du nr. to på rollelisten lige efter Felicity Jones. Det tyder på, at det er en stor rolle. Er det en stor rolle?
– Jeg har faktisk ikke lagt mærke til, at jeg står nr. to på rollelisten. Det er nok fordi, at de andre nok ikke er kommet på listen endnu, siger Mikkelsen med et smil.
Men er det en stor eller en lille rolle?
– Det er en meget vigtig rolle, så meget kan jeg sige.
Men er du bad guy?
– Nej min karakter er faktisk ikke en bad guy, og så kan jeg ikke sige mere, siger Mads Mikkelsen, der bliver i Danmark indtil optagelserne til den nye Star Wars-film starter i midten af september.
– Jeg glæder mig i øvrigt helt vildt, og jeg kan sige, at filmen skal optages på Island og i England. Og optagelserne varer i tre måneder.
The Danish world champion Mads Mikkelsen had nothing against talking about football during the gala premiere of the new film ‘Summer 92’. He is as big a fan of football. But when it comes to his role in the major upcoming Star Wars film ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ is Mads Mikkelsen, however, extremely secretive.
– I can not talk about the film.
On the international movie database IMDB says you no. Two in the cast just after Felicity Jones. It suggests that it is a great role. Is it a big role?
– I have not actually noticed that I stand no. Two in the cast. It is probably because that the other might not have come on the list yet, says Mikkelsen with a smile.
But it is a big or a small role?
– It is a very important role, as much I can say.
But you’re the bad guy?
– No, my character is actually not a bad guy, and then I can not say more, says Mads Mikkelsen, who will be in Denmark until the filming of the new Star Wars film starts in mid-September.
– I am also quite game, and I can say that the movie be recorded in Iceland and England. And the recordings lasts for three months.
Hopefully we can get a proper translation soon, but the gist of what Mads says seems pretty clear.
He says his character is very important and not a bad guy. Assuming this means he is not an Imperial he could be a Rebel or he could be a unalligned rogue.
It is also revealed that principal photography may be set at three months for the film.
Finally we learn that some filming is likely to take place in Iceland in addition to England. Rumors persisted early in production of The Force Awakens of shooting in Iceland potentially just for landscape shots.
We have seen two set photos from Rogue One so far, neither of which screams Iceland to me. There was the Stormtroopers and the transport on what looks like a tropical set and there was what looks like Yavin IV in the official set cast photo released as well as the photographs of the building of sets at the Cardington Sheds.
It raises the question, could Iceland be an all new planet or could parts of it be shot to mimic parts of Yavin IV?